Preparing for Sunday + Weekly Announcements
For centuries Romans 8 has been one of the most loved chapters in the Bible. It covers the whole of the Christian life—from justification to glorification. It begins with the pronouncement of no condemnation and ends with the promise of no separation.
I’m really looking forward to walking through this chapter together. Several years ago we did a short series on just Romans 8, and it will be sweet to work through it again with fresh eyes. We’ll dig into Romans 8:1–4 this Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you all!
Grace and peace,
Prayer for the Nations (Sunday, 6 p.m.) || On the 2nd Sunday of the month, this group prays for missions efforts around the world. Meet at CrossPointe.
Sunday Morning Classes (9 a.m., started Feb. 4) || Childcare is available. Sign up by e-mailing Anna Dawson. (It’s not too late to join!)
- Evangelism: led by Kwame Agyemang
- Systematic Theology: led by Robert Ward
- Deepen Discipleship: a continuation of the Fall study led by Springer Cain
Ladies’ Lunch (Feb. 20, 11:30 a.m.) || Join the women of CrossPointe for lunch ($5 Chicken Salad Chick) and fellowship around God’s Word. Childcare starts at 9:30 a.m. RSVP to Anna Dawson.
Midweek Fellowship (Wed., 5:45–7:30 p.m., starting Feb. 28) || Mark your calendars for an 8-week series in Exodus! Dinner ($5/person or $20/family) starts at 5:45 p.m., followed by prayer for the church and Bible study at 6:30. Childcare will be available through 5th grade as well.
Elder Candidate Q&A (Feb. 28, 7:30 p.m.) || Meet elder candidate Robert Ward! We will be voting to affirm Robert at our member meeting on March 4.
Member Meeting (March 4, 6 p.m.) || Every other month, CrossPointe’s members gather to pray for the church and get updates on various aspects of church life. At this meeting, we will also vote to affirm Robert Ward as an elder! Childcare is provided, and non-members are welcome to attend.
Men’s Studies || Sign up for one of these studies starting soon!
- Spiritual Disciplines: Thurs., 7–8 a.m., starting Jan. 25; led by Cecil Cheves (RSVP)
- Psalms: Wed., 7–8 a.m., starting Feb. 21 (7 weeks); led by Drew Nelson (RSVP)
Women’s Studies || Sign up for one of these studies starting in January!
- Exodus–Deuteronomy: Tues., 10–11:30 a.m., starting Jan. 9 (11 weeks); childcare available; led by Elayne Saucier (RSVP)
- Understanding Spiritual Gifts: Tues., 6–8 p.m., starting Jan. 16 (7 weeks); childcare available; led by Melany Raborn (RSVP)
- John’s Epistles: Thurs., 9:30–11 a.m., starting Jan. 18 (12 weeks); childcare available; led by Karen Rosa (RSVP)
Serving Widows, Single Moms, and Military Wives || Bill Harrison is assembling a team to serve these women in the church by assisting with various needs (handyman, auto, yardwork, financial advice, etc.). If you would like to assist or need assistance, please contact Bill.
More in Announcements
April 19, 2019“The Good News” this Easter
April 12, 2019This Sunday: “Liberty, Conscience, and Love”
April 8, 2019Public Service This Tuesday Celebrating the Life of W. D. Feeney