Preparing for Sunday + Weekly Announcements
Our plan is to dig into Romans 8:5–8 this Sunday, in which Paul contrasts those who live according to the flesh with those who live according to the Spirit. John Stott breaks this text down helpfully when he says these verses are about two categories of people (unregenerate and regenerate) who have two different perspectives which lead to two different patterns of life which result in two different eternities (heaven or hell).
We are masters at categorizing people into countless groups, but there really are only two types of people and only two ways to live. This short text has much to teach about the nature of humanity apart from salvation and our dependence on the grace of the gospel. I’m looking forward to working through it with you.
We’ll also have the pleasure of hearing from Pastor Nazmi who is a pastor from Kosovo that we partner with.
See you Sunday!
Ladies’ Lunch (Feb. 20, 11:30 a.m.) || Join the women of CrossPointe for lunch ($5 Chicken Salad Chick) and fellowship around God’s Word. Childcare starts at 9:30 a.m. RSVP to Anna Dawson.
Midweek Fellowship (Wed., 5:45–7:30 p.m., starting Feb. 28) || Mark your calendars for an 8-week series in Exodus! Dinner ($5/person or $20/family) starts at 5:45 p.m., followed by prayer for the church and Bible study at 6:30. Childcare will be available through 5th grade as well.
Elder Candidate Q&A (Feb. 28, 7:30 p.m.) || Meet elder candidate Robert Ward! We will be voting to affirm Robert at our member meeting on March 4.
Member Meeting (March 4, 6 p.m.) || Every other month, CrossPointe’s members gather to pray for the church and get updates on various aspects of church life. At this meeting, we will also vote to affirm Robert Ward as an elder! Childcare is provided, and non-members are welcome to attend.
Sunday Morning Classes (9 a.m., started Feb. 4) || Childcare is available. Sign up by e-mailing Anna Dawson. (It’s not too late to join!)
- Evangelism: led by Kwame Agyemang
- Systematic Theology: led by Robert Ward
- Deepen Discipleship: a continuation of the Fall study led by Springer Cain
Men’s Studies || Sign up for one of these studies starting soon!
- Spiritual Disciplines: Thurs., 7–8 a.m., starting Jan. 25; led by Cecil Cheves (RSVP)
- Psalms: Wed., 7–8 a.m., starting Feb. 21 (7 weeks); led by Drew Nelson (RSVP)
Women’s Studies || Sign up for one of these studies starting in January!
- Exodus–Deuteronomy: Tues., 10–11:30 a.m., starting Jan. 9 (11 weeks); childcare available; led by Elayne Saucier (RSVP)
- Understanding Spiritual Gifts: Tues., 6–8 p.m., starting Jan. 16 (7 weeks); childcare available; led by Melany Raborn (RSVP)
- John’s Epistles: Thurs., 9:30–11 a.m., starting Jan. 18 (12 weeks); childcare available; led by Karen Rosa (RSVP)
- Seamless: Understanding the Bible as One Complete Story: Tues., 7–8:30 p.m., starting March 6 (7weeks); childcare available; led by Natalie Keller (RSVP)