This Sunday: “The Zeal of Phinehas”
We’ll be taking a break from Romans this Sunday as we go to the Old Testament, specifically the book of Numbers. There, in chapter 25, is an incredible story of Israel’s unfaithfulness and the zeal of a priest named Phinehas who saves God’s people from plague. I think it’s got quite a few implications for us today—both as a church and as individuals following the Lord—and I’m looking forward to digging into it with you.
Grace and peace,
Ladies’ Lunch (Aug. 21, 11:30 a.m.) || Join the women of CP for fellowship over lunch ($5 Chicken Salad Chick) as we hear from one of our own! Childcare is available at 9:30 a.m. RSVP to Allison Webb.
Fall Community Groups || Find discipleship in the context of small-groups oriented around the gospel. Groups pray and study the Bible (or a biblical book) together. Visit our website or the board in the foyer for more info!
Fall Women’s Studies || Sign up today for these upcoming studies!
- Philippians (Thurs. @ 9:30–11 a.m., Aug. 30–Nov. 15): taught by Karen Rosa; childcare available; RSVP
- The Son of David: Seeing Jesus in the Historical Books (Tues. @ 10–11:30 a.m., Sept. 4–Nov. 13): taught by Elayne Saucier & Sherry Duncan; childcare available; RSVP
Fall Men’s Studies || Sign up today for these upcoming studies!
- Pastoral Epistles (Thurs. @ 7–8 a.m., Sept. 13–Dec. 13): taught by Cecil Cheves; RSVP
- 1 & 2 Peter (Tues. @ 7–8 a.m., starting Sept. 11): taught by Robert Ward at Midtown Coffee; RSVP
Marriage, Parenting, Money & More (Mon., 6:30 p.m., Sept. 10–Nov. 12) || Join Reynold & Danielle Counts for this study in their home! The group is open to 10 couples, and childcare will be available. Sign up by e-mailing Danielle.
Member Meeting (Sept. 9, 6–7:30 p.m.) || Catch up on everything going on in the life of CrossPointe as we pray for one another, hear updates on various areas of ministry, and receive new members. Childcare is provided.
Sunday Morning Classes (9 a.m., starting Sept. 9) || We’ve got three classes this Fall, each with childcare available. RSVP by e-mailing Allison Webb.
- Systematic Theology (taught by Robert Ward)
- Prayer (taught by Reuben Moyana)
- Genesis (taught by Ron Mullins)
Child Dedication (Sept. 16) || If you are a member of CrossPointe who has welcomed a child into your family recently, consider participating in our upcoming child dedication as we commit to raise our children in a way that points them (and ourselves) to Christ. Please e-mail Robert Ward to sign up.
Clement Care ONE Conference (Sept. 29, 1:30–5 p.m.) || Learn more about the foster-care needs in our community while your kids enjoy a fun, Scripture-based concert with Randall Goodgame. (There will be a concert for everyone to conclude!) Register here.