Preparing for Sunday + Weekly Announcements
This Sunday we’ll begin our look at the second half of Romans 7, one of the more debated sections in all of the letter. In these verses, Paul describes from a first-person standpoint his battle with sin. The question through the centuries has been whether the “I” he speaks of is pre-conversion Paul or born-again Paul. The arguments for both are good and important for us to think through. But, regardless of where we land on that issue, these verses have much to say to us about the Christian life. We’ll spend a few weeks in this text, so, as always, read Romans 7 a few times before Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you all!
Grace and peace,
Starting Pointe Membership Class (Jan. 27–28) || This two-part class meets on Sat., Jan. 27 (9 a.m.–noon), and Sun., Jan. 28 (5–7:30 p.m.). Childcare is provided. Sign up by e-mailing Robert Ward.
Poets, Painters & Storytellers (Jan. 27, 7 p.m.) || Clement Arts is hosting this annual event at CrossPointe, featuring music by I Am They, illusions by Harris III, and visual art by Amy Grimes. Purchase tickets here.
Children’s Ministry Training (Jan. 28, 9 a.m.) || Serve the children and families of CrossPointe! This quick meeting will equip you with everything you need to know. (Childcare is available!) RSVP by contacting Cristin Wise.
Serving Widows, Single Moms, and Military Wives || Bill Harrison is assembling a team to serve these women in the church by assisting with various needs (handyman, auto, yardwork, financial advice, etc.). If you would like to assist or need assistance, please contact Bill.
RightNow Media || Enjoy countless Bible-study videos and resources at rightnowmedia.org (accessible online and via apps for most devices). To access CrossPointe’s account, please e-mail Robert Ward for an invitation!
Sunday Morning Classes (9 a.m., starting Feb. 4) || Childcare is available. Sign up by e-mailing Anna Dawson!
- Evangelism: led by Kwame Agyemang
- Systematic Theology: The Bible’s Answers to Big Questions: led by Robert Ward (using Wayne Grudem’s book, available in the Resource Room)
- Deepen Discipleship: a continuation of the Fall study led by Springer Cain
Men’s Lunch (Feb. 6, noon) || Join the men of CrossPointe for lunch ($5 Chick-fil-A) and fellowship around God’s Word. RSVP to Springer Cain.
Ladies’ Lunch (Feb. 20, 11:30 a.m.) || Join the women of CrossPointe for lunch ($5 Chicken Salad Chick) and fellowship around God’s Word. Childcare starts at 9:30 a.m. RSVP to Anna Dawson.
Men’s Studies || Sign up for one of these studies starting soon!
- Spiritual Disciplines: Thurs., 7–8 a.m., starting Jan. 25; led by Cecil Cheves (RSVP)
- Psalms: Wed., 7–8 a.m., starting Feb. 21 (7 weeks); led by Drew Nelson (RSVP)
Women’s Studies || Sign up for one of these studies starting in January!
- Exodus–Deuteronomy: Tues., 10–11:30 a.m., starting Jan. 9 (11 weeks); childcare available; led by Elayne Saucier (RSVP)
- Understanding Spiritual Gifts: Tues., 6–8 p.m., starting Jan. 16 (7 weeks); childcare available; led by Melany Raborn (RSVP)
- John’s Epistles: Thurs., 9:30–11 a.m., starting Jan. 18 (12 weeks); childcare available; led by Karen Rosa (RSVP)
More in Announcements
April 19, 2019“The Good News” this Easter
April 12, 2019This Sunday: “Liberty, Conscience, and Love”
April 8, 2019Public Service This Tuesday Celebrating the Life of W. D. Feeney