Preparing for Sunday + Weekly Announcements
In our text this week, Romans 6:15–19, Paul continues his attack on the cheap grace of antinomianism by explaining that true grace transfers us from slavery to sin to slavery to righteousness. The good news is not that we must change our own hearts and do better, but that God gives us a new heart with which we are now enabled to obey.
Take some time to read and dwell on our text before we gather. Ask the Lord to show us wonderful things from His Word. Also, on this first Sunday of October, we’ll gather around the Lord’s Table together. Looking forward to seeing you!
Grace and peace,
Men’s Lunch (Oct. 3, noon) || Enjoy fellowship with others as we hear from God's Word over lunch ($5 Chick-fil-A). RSVP to Springer Cain.
MWF: Five Solas (Oct. 4, 5:45–7:30 p.m.) || Join us Wednesdays this Fall for a Reformation-themed MWF! Dinner ($5) is at 5:45 p.m., followed by teaching at 6:30, and childcare is available. RSVP by contacting Leah Carr.
Reformation Columbus (Oct. 14, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.) || Join us at CrossPointe for this all-day conference featuring guest speakers including Voddie Baucham. Admission costs $20/person and includes lunch. Childcare will also be provided. Register online here.
Sunday Morning Classes (Sundays, 9 a.m.) || E-mail Leah Carr to sign up!
- How to Read the Bible: taught by Robert Ward and Joseph Davis
- Deepen Discipleship: a discipleship process that prepares Christians for both local and global disciple-making, taught by Springer Cain and Josh Hutchinson
- The Person & Work of Christ: taught by Reuben Moyana
Women’s Studies || There are several studies this Fall!
- Isaiah (every other Monday, 7 p.m., starting Sept. 18): taught by Anne Lyle Illges and Meghan Brooks at the home of John & Lyle Illges; RSVP
- Genesis (Tues., 10–11:30 a.m., Sept. 5–Nov. 7): taught by Elayne Saucier at CrossPointe; childcare available; RSVP
- The Sermon on the Mount (Tues., 6 p.m., Sept. 12–Oct. 24): taught by Melany Raborn at CrossPointe; RSVP
- James (Thurs., 9:30 a.m., Aug. 31–Nov. 16): taught by Karen Rosa at CrossPointe; childcare available; RSVP
Men’s Studies || There are a couple of studies this Fall!
- Ephesians (Tues., 7–8 a.m., starting Aug. 29): taught by Robert Ward at CrossPointe; RSVP
- Parables by John MacArthur (Thurs., 7–8 a.m., starting Sept. 7): taught by Cecil Cheves at CrossPointe; RSVP
More in Announcements
April 19, 2019“The Good News” this Easter
April 12, 2019This Sunday: “Liberty, Conscience, and Love”
April 8, 2019Public Service This Tuesday Celebrating the Life of W. D. Feeney