Three Mission-Minded Commitments
In conjunction with CrossPointe's recent missions conference, Brad mentioned three commitments CrossPointe can make to be more "mission-minded," that is, aware of the world's need for Jesus and our role in bringing his gospel to all people. They're listed below.
God's Calling on My Life
I commit myself to live a life worthy of God’s calling. I will participate in the body of believers, submit control of my life to Jesus, and renounce sinful behaviors.
- I submit control of my money, lifestyle, and career to Jesus.
- I'm renouncing my idolatry of success. I will let Jesus define success in my life and control my future.
- I'm renouncing my idolatry of belonging. I will let Jesus define my identity and control my sexuality.
Sharing My Faith
I commit to actively share my faith with those who are lost without Christ.
- Get involved in a community of growing believers, intentional in their outreach to lost people.
- Develop practical skills and experience in evangelism.
- Pray for lost people.
- Learn about people's objections to following Jesus, such as injustice, history and broken relationships.
God's Global and Cross-Cultural Calling
I commit to pursue God’s call to serve in a global or cross-cultural context.
- Start right now, where you live.
- Participate in a short-term cross-cultural mission project.
- Actively pursue cross-cultural missions by investigating how to be sent and/or signing up with a sending group.
- Pray regularly for global evangelization and my role in it and give regularly to missions.
More in Announcements
May 26, 2023The Gospel, the Power of God
May 19, 2023His Way Is Through the Sea
May 12, 2023Go On to Maturity