Youth Summer Retreat
CrossPointe Youth Summer Retreat
July 13-16, $175
This six-hour trip, covering over 10 miles, will give you all you can handle. We start on the upper River and get warmed up with heavy hits at Mikey's and Edge of the World. Then come the big boys, the olympic section which includes rapids like Humongous and Godzilla. Just when you think you're not going to make it out of the gorge, we stop refuel your body with a delicious lunch (<sandwich, chips, pasta salad, drinks and dessert). Feeling better, we jump back on the middle river for 5 more miles of continuous whitewater! By the time you get back to the outpost you'll be ready to collapse. Sounds like fun, doesn't it !?!?
Alpine Climb at Night
Tackle this 50’ structure and face your fears head-on! A variety of routes ensure that no two trips are alike. Tackle the Teeter-Totter, climb the Giant’s Ladder or the Cargo Net, swing on the Icicles or in the Karma Seat. Push yourself to reach the Crow’s Nest and celebrate your victory! Oh did I mention we’ll be doing this in the dark with headlamps...
Lazy River Tubing
Rafting not for you? Perhaps you just want to be able to relax after conquering the rapids. You'll love the 3 mile lazy river tubing trip! Hop in, splash around, do some swimming, and work on that "farmers tan". Don't forget your waterproof camera.
What to bring:
- Towel, Sunscreen, bug spray
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Plastic bag for wet things
- Rafting clothes - T-shirt, Shorts, Old sneakers or water shoes
- Ladies, wear bathingsuits under shorts and t-shirt.
- Toiletries, shower shoes
- Sleeping bag or bed sheets
- A Pillow
- Spending money - Meals on the road, 6 flags souvineirs, gas stops, etc. (approx. $35)
- Non-rafting shoes
- Tent / ENO Hammock if you'd like to sleep outside!
- Your Bible
- You must be at least 12 years old to raft on this trip.
- Money is due July 1st. The cost is $175.
- We will leave the Church at 12 p.m. on Thursday, July 13. BE ON TIME AND HAVE ALREADY EATEN LUNCH!
- We will return Sunday, June 26, around 3 p.m.
- Retreat Facility website: www.ocoee.com