Nehemiah 9:1-38, “Confession and Covenant”
Passage: Nehemiah 9:1–38
Text: Nehemiah 9:1-38
Intro: The scene in Nehemiah 9:1-38 is an incredible one. Once again the people are moved to heartfelt repentance and confession for how far they have fallen away from God and His ways. In the prayer that makes up most of this chapter, we listen to a broken people confessing their sins and recommitting themselves to God. This story of chronic rebellion on the part of the people and consistent faithfulness on the part of God is not just Israel's story. It is our story as well.
1. God uses messed up fearful people.
2. God’s word and ways are good for us.
3. Our hearts are idol factories.
4. We were not saved to be cul-de-sacs.
5. God’s merciful nevertheless is greater than our rebellious nevertheless.
6. What are we slaves to?
More in Nehemiah
December 6, 2009Nehemiah 13:1-31, “Messy Maintenance”
November 22, 2009Nehemiah 12:1-47, “Thanksgiving, Process, and Providence”
November 15, 2009Nehemiah 11:1-36, “A People on Mission”