Announcements, August 18, 2017
C.S. Lewis once said that in order to understand the cure of the gospel, we must understand the disease of sin. The great English preacher J.C. Ryle wrote, “Dim or indistinct views of sin are the origin of most of the errors, heresies, and false doctrines of the present day.”
Our text this week, Romans 5:12–14, is one of the most pivotal texts in the whole Bible for helping us truly understand human nature. And, as Lewis and Ryle point out, understanding human nature is the key to helping us understand redemption. Looking forward to seeing you all.
Grace and peace,
Youth Parents’ Lunch (Sunday) || If you are the parent of a teen, we would love to have you join us for lunch (on us!) following the worship service. We will spend time discussing youth ministry and a particularly important subject today—technology. We’ll also pray for our students. E-mail Will Hawk to sign up!
Community Groups || The Fall is a great time to start a small group, and we could use quite a few more! If you are a member of CrossPointe and would like to learn more about starting a group, please contact Robert Ward.
Women’s Studies || There are several studies coming up this Fall! Books will be available in the Resource Room soon.
- Tuesdays, 10–11:30 a.m., starting Sept. 5 (thru Nov. 7): Genesis (using Nancy Guthrie’s study The Promised One); taught by Elayne Saucier at CrossPointe; childcare available; RSVP to Elayne
- Tuesdays, 6 p.m., starting Sept. 12 (thru Oct. 24): “The Sermon on the Mount” (using Kay Arthur’s study Turning Your Heart toward God); taught by Melany Raborn at her house; RSVP to Melany
- Thursdays, 9:30 a.m., starting Aug. 31 (12 weeks): James (using the Navigators study guide); taught by Karen Rosa at CrossPointe; childcare available; RSVP to Karen
Men’s Studies || There are a couple studies coming up this Fall! Books will be available in the Resource Room soon.
- Tuesdays, 7–8 a.m., starting Aug. 29: Ephesians; taught by Robert Ward at CrossPointe; RSVP to Robert
- Thursdays, 7–8 a.m., starting Sept. 7: Parables by John MacArthur; taught by Cecil Cheves at CrossPointe; RSVP to Cecil
Marriage Study (every other Monday, 6:30–8 p.m., Aug. 28–Dec. 4) || Discuss marriage using Dave Harvey’s book When Sinners Say “I Do” as a guide (available in the Resource Room). The group will be co-led by Frank & Elayne Saucier, Bill & Melissa Harrison, and John & Lyle Illges at the Sauciers’ home. Sign up by e-mailing Elayne Saucier. Space is limited to 15 couples!
Cru at Fort Benning || Minister to basic trainees at Fort Benning by serving with Cru’s military ministry. Volunteers will lead Bible studies every Sunday afternoon, but if you aren’t comfortable teaching they’re also looking for people to write encouraging letters. If you'd like to get involved e-mail Nate Catching.
Prayer for the Nations (Sundays, 6 p.m.) || Meet at CrossPointe to pray for missions efforts around the world.