Announcements, August 25, 2017
Our text this week, Romans 5:15–21, is thick with glorious gospel truth. This is definitely a passage you don’t want to eat cold on Sunday. In it Paul concludes his tightly woven argument about how all people are either in Adam by sin or in Christ by grace. The logic is clear—if death reigned through one man’s sin, how much more will grace and righteousness reign through Christ?
Let’s read it several times before we gather. Pray with me that God would make us more satisfied in him and draw unbelievers to himself. We’ll also have the joy of seeing a brother get baptized after the message. Looking forward to seeing you all!
Grace and peace,
“One Another” Member Meeting (Sept. 10, 6–7:30 p.m.) || Every other month CrossPointe's members gather for various updates (new members, missions, finances, etc.) and prayer. Childcare is always provided! At this meeting, we’ll be voting to affirm Jay Hearn as an elder.
ESL Training (Sept. 14, 6:30–9 p.m.; Sept. 16, 9 a.m.–12:30 p.m.) || Serve people from all over the world right here in Columbus! International Friendship Ministries is hosting ESL training, and it only costs $10. There will be snacks or lunch available at both sessions. RSVP by Sept. 7 by e-mailing IFM.
Prayer for the Nations (Sundays, 6 p.m.) || Meet at CrossPointe to pray for missions efforts around the world.
Women’s Studies || There are several studies coming up this Fall! Books will be available in the Resource Room soon.
- Tuesdays, 10–11:30 a.m., starting Sept. 5 (thru Nov. 7): Genesis (using Nancy Guthrie’s study The Promised One); taught by Elayne Saucier at CrossPointe; childcare available; RSVP to Elayne
- Tuesdays, 6 p.m., starting Sept. 12 (thru Oct. 24): “The Sermon on the Mount” (using Kay Arthur’s study Turning Your Heart toward God); taught by Melany Raborn at her house; RSVP to Melany
- Thursdays, 9:30 a.m., starting Aug. 31 (12 weeks): James (using the Navigators study guide); taught by Karen Rosa at CrossPointe; childcare available; RSVP to Karen
Men’s Studies || There are a couple studies coming up this Fall! Books will be available in the Resource Room soon.
- Tuesdays, 7–8 a.m., starting Aug. 29: Ephesians; taught by Robert Ward at CrossPointe; RSVP to Robert
- Thursdays, 7–8 a.m., starting Sept. 7: Parables by John MacArthur; taught by Cecil Cheves at CrossPointe; RSVP to Cecil
Marriage Study (every other Monday, 6:30–8 p.m., Aug. 28–Dec. 4) || Discuss marriage using Dave Harvey’s book When Sinners Say “I Do” as a guide (available in the Resource Room). The group will be co-led by Frank & Elayne Saucier, Bill & Melissa Harrison, and John & Lyle Illges at the Sauciers’ home. Sign up by e-mailing Elayne Saucier. Space is limited to 15 couples!