Children’s Ministry Update
Dear members of CrossPointe,
I’ve got some numbers to share with you:
- Every Sunday at CrossPointe we minister to about 250–300 children.
- This requires around 200 regular adult volunteers to serve once every five weeks in children’s ministry.
- The Mid Tree church-plant core-team that launches this summer will decrease our regular volunteer numbers to about 160.
- That means we need about 40 new regular volunteers to fill this gap.
If you are a member of CrossPointe and are not currently serving in children’s ministry, would you please?
Here are some common reasons I’ve heard over the years from members who aren’t serving:
- “I served a few years ago and it was too structured and rigid.” Things have changed. The leadership, structure, and curriculum of children’s ministry are more efficient and flexible. We need you!
- “I’m an empty-nester and feel like I did my time serving in a previous church.” I understand, but the church family you are part of now has a great need in this area. We need you!
- “I don’t feel like I’m gifted in working with or teaching children.” You don’t have to teach! We mostly just need loving helpers to supervise the children and assist the lead teachers. We need you!
- “I just don’t want to miss being in the sanctuary on Sundays.” That’s selfish. Being part of a church family means we look not only to our own interests but also the interests of others. We need you!
Would you come to our one-time, one-hour training for new volunteers? Youhave two options—this Sunday, April 8, or Sunday, April 29—both from 9 to 10 a.m. Please email Cristin Wise and let her know you’ll be there.
Grace and peace,