This Sunday: “Oh, the Depths!”
Good theology is important! If you’ve been around CrossPointe for any length of time, I hope you realize that! God gave us his Word and minds to think, and we should strive with all our energy to rightly understand what he has said. But, good theology was never meant to be a cul-de-sac. It’s meant to take us somewhere—to doxology, the right worship of God. And that’s how Paul concludes Romans 11—with the glorious doxology of vv33–36.
Do you see Paul’s pattern here? Our theology should lead to doxology. The knowledge of God should lead to the worship of God. And by worship we don’t mean merely singing (but that’s what Romans 12 is about…we’ll get there next!).
I’m looking forward to working through some of my favorite few verses in all of the Bible with you this Sunday. Romans 11:33–36 is a paradigm establishing text. It’s a worldview. It’s a lens through which the Christian should look at all of life.
See you Sunday!
Starting Pointe Membership Class (Jan. 26–27) || Learn what we believe, how the church works, and what our mission is. The class is divided into two sessions: Sat., Jan. 26, 9 a.m.–noon; and Sun., Jan. 27, 5–7:30 p.m. (Childcare will be available.) Contact Robert Ward to sign up!
Serving in Children’s Ministry || CM volunteers serve every five weeks on Sunday mornings during the service. KidKeepers are paid to watch kids for everything else. If you’re interested in either, please contact Cristin Wise! We have a new training process that you can begin any time.
Buddies for Children with Special Needs || Our Children's Ministry includes a Buddy Team that assists children who may have specific needs that require one-on-one help. If you are interested in being a volunteer for this ministry or want to learn more, contact Cristin Wise.
Midweek Fellowship (Wed., 5:45 p.m., starts Feb. 6) || Join us for six weeks of fellowship with an emphasis on prayer. Dinner ($5/person; $20/family) starts at 5:45 p.m., followed by worship, teaching, and prayer in the sanctuary at 6:30. Childcare is provided!
Women’s Studies || Look for books in the Resource Room!
- 2 Timothy (Thurs., 9:30–11 a.m., Jan. 24–Mar. 28): Spend two weeks on Bible study basics as well. Karen Rosa and Amy Ward will lead using the NavPress guide. Childcare is available. RSVP to Karen.
- Even Better Than Eden (Mon., 7 p.m., Jan. 28–Mar. 25): Read Nancy Guthrie’s book on 9 ways the Bible’s story changes yours. Anne Lyle Illges will lead in the home of John & Lyle Illges. RSVP to Anne Lyle.
- 1 Peter (Thurs., 10–11:15 a.m., starts Feb. 7): Amy Ward will lead this study (6–8 weeks). Childcare is available. RSVP to Amy.
Men’s Studies || Join us for these upcoming group studies!
- Judges (Tues., 7–8 a.m., Feb. 5–Mar. 26): Robert Ward will lead this study at Midtown Coffee House. RSVP to Robert.
- Hebrews (Thurs., 7–8 a.m., starts Feb. 7): Logan Copley will lead this study at CrossPointe. RSVP to Logan.
Spring Community Groups || Groups pray, study the Bible (or a book), and often share meals together. Keep an eye on the board in the foyer and our website for group info! Contact Robert Ward if you need a recommendation!
Poets, Painters, and Storytellers (March 2, 7–9:30 p.m.) || Join Clement Arts for an evening of song, story, and art featuring musical guest Sandra McCracken at Christ Community Church. This event benefits an adoptive family from Columbus, and a portion of ticket sales will go to our own orphan ministry! Buy tickets here and mention CrossPointe.