This Sunday: “Living Sacrifices”
Chapter 12 marks a major transition in the letter of Romans. The first 11 chapters have been intensely theological. Paul has explained and clarified the gospel in careful detail, wanting to make sure we understand that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone, for the glory of God alone. Now, in Romans 12, the focus shifts from what God has done to how we must live in light of the gospel.
We’ll start this Sunday by looking at Romans 12:1–2, which serves as a launching point for all the instruction that follows in the remainder of the letter. These are familiar verses to many of us. Paul calls Christians to be “living sacrifices” to God as we live in a dark world that is trying to conform us to its image. This passage is essential to understanding sanctification and the Christian life biblically. I’m eager to dig into these words with you all in a few days.
Also, being the first Sunday of February, we’ll come to the Lord’s Table together as a church family. Let’s begin now to prepare our hearts and mind to feast on Christ.
I’m so thankful for you, CrossPointe!
No Youth Activities Sunday || Enjoy the game with your family, friends, or even Community Group!
Serving in Children’s Ministry || If you’re interested in serving in CM (Sunday mornings) or KidKeepers (paid childcare for events), please contact Cristin Wise! We have a new training process that you can begin any time.
Buddies for Children with Special Needs || Help us serve children who require one-on-one help on Sundays. Contact Cristin Wise for more info.
Midweek Fellowship (Wed., 5:45 p.m., Feb. 6–Mar. 13) || Join us for six weeks of fellowship with an emphasis on prayer. Dinner ($5/person; $20/family) starts at 5:45 p.m., followed by worship, teaching, and prayer in the sanctuary at 6:30. Childcare is provided! RSVP by Tuesday to Allie Webb.
Women’s Studies & Prayer || Look for books in the Resource Room!
- Prayer Group (Mondays at 10 a.m.)
- 2 Timothy (Thurs., 9:30–11 a.m., Jan. 24–Mar. 28): Karen Rosa will lead, and childcare is available. RSVP to Karen.
- Even Better Than Eden (Mon., 7 p.m., Jan. 28–Mar. 25): Read Nancy Guthrie’s book on 9 ways the Bible’s story changes yours. Anne Lyle Illges will lead in the home of John & Lyle Illges. RSVP to Anne Lyle.
- 1 Peter (Thurs., 10–11:15 a.m., starts Feb. 7): Amy Ward will lead this study (6–8 weeks). Childcare is available. RSVP to Amy.
Men’s Studies & Prayer || Join us for these upcoming group studies!
- Prayer Group (Thursdays at 6 a.m.)
- Judges (Tues., 7–8 a.m., Feb. 5–Mar. 26): Robert Ward will lead this study at Midtown Coffee House. RSVP to Robert.
- Hebrews (Thurs., 7–8 a.m., starts Feb. 7): Logan Copley will lead this study at CrossPointe. RSVP to Logan.
- 2 Timothy (Thurs., 7–8 a.m., Feb. 7–28): Cecil Cheves will lead this study at CrossPointe. RSVP to Cecil.
Sunday Morning Classes (9 a.m., starting Feb. 17) || We have two classes so far: Discipleship (w/Reuben & Edith Moyana) and Minor Prophets (w/Logan Copley). Childcare will be available as well. RSVP to Allie Webb.
Poets, Painters, and Storytellers (March 2, 7–9:30 p.m.) || Join Clement Arts for an evening of song, story, and art featuring musical guest Sandra McCracken at Christ Community Church. Proceeds will go to our own orphan ministry as well as an adoptive family from Columbus! Buy tickets online and mention CrossPointe.