This Sunday: “The Hand of the Lord”
The book of Ruth paints a beautiful picture of how God works for his people even in the worst of times. And scattered throughout this “story” are redemption seeds that ultimately point toward our Great Redeemer, Jesus. It also gives us a robust portrait of the nobility and dignity of biblical womanhood and manhood.
Be sure to pick up a discussion guide from the information desk this Sunday. These guides are intended to help LifePointe Group leaders, families and individuals further examine the text and supplement what’s taught on Sunday. In the meantime, here are several things you can do to prepare your heart for Sunday:
- Read Ruth 1 (sermon text).
- Read Matthew 1:1-17 (genealogy of Christ including Ruth in his ancestry).
- Read Romans 8:31-39 (beautiful text about God’s commitment to us in Christ).
- Read Ephesians 1:15-23 (Christ’s sovereignty over all things displayed in the church).
- Pray for God to deepen our faith, make us more like Christ and draw unbelievers to Himself.