Preparing for Sunday + Weekly Announcements
It’s so good to be back in Romans! Last week we looked Romans 7:1–6 and what Christ has done for us in regards to the Law. As he says in the Sermon on the Mount, he doesn’t abolish the Law but fulfills it on our behalf. Because we are united to him, all that he has done is ours. This is staggering!
But we have some unfinished business in these first six verses of Romans 7. In light of what Christ has accomplished for his people, what relationship do we now have with the Old Testament laws? Just because we are freed from the Law does not mean we are lawless. Rather, as Paul says, we now serve in the new way of the Spirit. Our plan is to zero in on Romans 7:4–6 and think deeply about what that phrase means for the Christian life.
I’m looking forward to seeing you all!
Prayer for the Nations (Sunday, 6 p.m.) || On the 2nd Sunday of the month, this group prays for missions efforts around the world. Meet at CrossPointe.
Women’s Studies || Sign up for one of these studies starting in January!
- Exodus–Deuteronomy: Tues., 10–11:30 a.m., starting Jan. 9 (11 weeks); childcare available; led by Elayne Saucier (RSVP)
- Understanding Spiritual Gifts: Tues., 6–8 p.m., starting Jan. 16 (7 weeks); childcare available; led by Melany Raborn (RSVP)
- John’s Epistles: Thurs., 9:30–11 a.m., starting Jan. 18 (12 weeks); childcare available; led by Karen Rosa (RSVP)
Parenting Study (every other Mon., 6:30–8 p.m., starting Jan. 15) || Meet at the Sauciers’ home to discuss raising children in light of God’s Word! Childcare is available. RSVP to Elayne Saucier.
Ladies’ Lunch (Jan. 16, 11:30 a.m.) || Join us for lunch ($5 Chicken Salad Chick) and fellowship. Childcare is open at 9:30 a.m. RSVP to Anna Dawson.
Men’s Study: Spiritual Disciplines (Thurs., 7 a.m., starting Jan. 25) || Cecil Cheves is leading a study through Don Whitney’s classic book (available in the Resource Room). E-mail Cecil to RSVP.
Starting Pointe Membership Class (Jan. 27–28) || This two-part class meets on Sat., Jan. 27 (9 a.m.–noon), and Sun., Jan. 28 (5–7:30 p.m.). Childcare is provided. Sign up by e-mailing Robert Ward.
Poets, Painters & Storytellers (Jan. 27, 7 p.m.) || Clement Arts is hosting this annual event at CrossPointe, featuring music by I Am They, illusions by Harris III, and visual art by Amy Grimes. Purchase tickets at clement-arts.org.
Orlich Family Lunch (Jan. 28, noon) || Interested in partnering with the Orliches or want hear more about their work in Central Asia? Join them for lunch on Sun., Jan. 28. Childcare will be available. RSVP to Anna Dawson.
Sunday Morning Classes (9 a.m., starting Feb. 4) || Childcare is available. Sign up by e-mailing Anna Dawson!
- Evangelism: led by Kwame Agyemang
- Systematic Theology: The Bible’s Answers to Big Questions: led by Robert Ward (using Wayne Grudem’s book, available in the Resource Room)
- Deepen Discipleship: a continuation of the Fall study led by Springer Cain