Preparing for Sunday + Weekly Announcements
This Sunday we continue to plod through Romans 7 with a look at vv7–13. In this text, Paul’s intent is to show that it is sin—not God’s law—that is to blame for mankind’s predicament. (We’re getting into the meat of Romans 7 now, and more than ever you’ll benefit from reading the text several times before Sunday.) This thick and weighty paragraph gives us a glimpse of the utter sinfulness of sin and its futility as it fails in its attempted hijacking of God’s law. Pray with me for our gathering this Sunday! I can’t wait to see you all!
Grace and peace,
Men’s Study: Spiritual Disciplines (Thurs., 7 a.m., starting Jan. 25) || Cecil Cheves is leading a study through Don Whitney’s classic book (available in the Resource Room). E-mail Cecil to RSVP.
Starting Pointe Membership Class (Jan. 27–28) || This two-part class meets on Sat., Jan. 27 (9 a.m.–noon), and Sun., Jan. 28 (5–7:30 p.m.). Childcare is provided. Sign up by e-mailing Robert Ward.
Poets, Painters & Storytellers (Jan. 27, 7 p.m.) || Clement Arts is hosting this annual event at CrossPointe, featuring music by I Am They, illusions by Harris III, and visual art by Amy Grimes. Purchase tickets here.
Children’s Ministry Training (Jan. 28, 9 a.m.) || Serve the children and families of CrossPointe! This quick meeting will equip you with everything you need to know. (Childcare is available!) RSVP by contacting Cristin Wise.
Orlich Family Lunch (Jan. 28, noon) || Interested in partnering with the Orliches or want hear more about their work in Central Asia? Join them for lunch on Sun., Jan. 28. Childcare will be available. RSVP to Anna Dawson.
Sunday Morning Classes (9 a.m., starting Feb. 4) || Childcare is available. Sign up by e-mailing Anna Dawson!
- Evangelism: led by Kwame Agyemang
- Systematic Theology: The Bible’s Answers to Big Questions: led by Robert Ward (using Wayne Grudem’s book, available in the Resource Room)
- Deepen Discipleship: a continuation of the Fall study led by Springer Cain
Women’s Studies || Sign up for one of these studies starting in January!
- Exodus–Deuteronomy: Tues., 10–11:30 a.m., starting Jan. 9 (11 weeks); childcare available; led by Elayne Saucier (RSVP)
- Understanding Spiritual Gifts: Tues., 6–8 p.m., starting Jan. 16 (7 weeks); childcare available; led by Melany Raborn (RSVP)
- John’s Epistles: Thurs., 9:30–11 a.m., starting Jan. 18 (12 weeks); childcare available; led by Karen Rosa (RSVP)